Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I'll be eating well tomorrow.

I just got my initial CSA newsletter with a list of what to expect in the first pick-up tomorrow. All I can say is: Wow. Judging by this delivery, I made the right choice going with the "localvore" option, which includes fresh and homemade products from around Vermont. My mind is already swirling with ideas on what to cook with this list:
  • Mesclun Greens
  • Spinach
  • 1 Bunch Ruby Red Swiss Chard
  • 1 Bunch Red or Chiogga Beets
  • 1 Bunch Cilantro
  • Pac Choi
  • 1 Quart Soup Base
  • 1 Pint of Strawberries
  • 1/2 lb Rhubarb
  • 1 European Cucumber -or- Tomatoes
  • 1 Dozen Pullet Eggs from Pa Pa Doodles Farm
  • 1 Quart Applesauce with apples from Champlain Orchards
  • 2 lbs Early Riser Cornmeal from Butterworks Farm
  • Elmore Mountain Fresh Herb and Sea Salt Focaccia
First order of business tomorrow will definitely be Pete's Greens' recipe for Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler with Cornmeal Biscuit topping (their recipe will be linked tomorrow). This is going to be one delicious summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin